Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fun in the Snow

Another fun snow day! I haven't seen this much snow since I was a kid! I was supposed to work on Friday, but one of the other pharmacists volunteered to spend the night and work by herself so I wouldn't have to worry about driving. So, I had a three day snow weekend!

We thought the sleet and freezing rain would start Thursday night, but we stayed above freezing until about noon on Friday. School wasn't cancelled Friday morning, but Shawn's professor had cancelled his 10:00 class because he lives in Fayetteville and didn't want to drive because the weather was really bad up there. Shawn went to his 11:00 class, but the sleet started and UAFS closed at 1:00. The sleet lasted for about an hour and then started mixing with snow....then all snow for hours!!


We got up this morning, had breakfast, bundled up, and went outside to play! Alivia made snow angels and instigated a snowball fight. Aleigh seemed almost scared of the snow. She would walk out into it and then call for me to come pick her up and take her to another spot.

We built "Bob" the snowman and gathered clean snow for snow ice cream. Note to self: less sugar in the ice cream next time!! It was my first attempt, and it was good...just VERY sweet.








No comments: