Saturday, December 12, 2009

Halloween 2009





Meet the two Dorothys!










One of the movies that we watched over and over this past year was "The Wizard of Oz". The girls were constantly skipping around the house singing "we're off to see the Wizard!". When I saw the Dorothy costumes, I knew the girls would love them. As luck would have it, Target had the perfect sparkling red "ruby slippers". Of course, the one in Ft. Smith only had Aleigh's size, but I did find some for Alivia in Fayetteville (near where I work).

We painted pumpkins instead of carving them this year. It was so much better because the girls could be creative without us having to worry about knives and other sharp items. Messy, yes, but we put the pumpkins on old carpet scraps! Great idea, Daddy! While I was taking pictures of the girls in their costumes, I asked them to stand by the door so I could get their dresses and shoes in the picture. The result...

Alivia went running to the door and when she got in front of it, turned and said "look scared of
the Wicked Witch, Aleigh!"
We always go trick-or-treating early so we can get back home to hand out candy. I think the girls like giving out the candy more than getting it! We cranked up the jukebox and proped the front door open. It didn't take long for the candy to disappear. Alivia and Aleigh wanted to keep handing out candy until I told them that the only candy we had left was what they had collected. They decided to stop! Alivia is dancing in the second picture below.

No comments: