Friday, August 27, 2010

Kindergarten Orientation 2010

Alivia's kindergarten orientation was on August 17th at 6 PM. We decided to take Aleigh with us so she could get excited about school, too. Everyone was sent to the cafeteria where the principal spoke for a while. Tons of fun for the kids!! After that, the students went with their teachers to their classrooms while the parents listened to the PTA president give her pitch.




Aleigh was definately getting restless. After the kids were finished in their classrooms, they came back to the cafeteria to play while the parents went to meet with the teachers. Aleigh and I didn't last long in the classroom. She was cranky and loud, so I had to take her out while Shawn listened to Mrs. McKeown's presentation and filled out paperwork. We found Alivia and went back to look for Daddy. We met up with him in the hallway, and he said he had one more paper to finish filling out because he couldn't remember something. I told him what to put on the paper, and Alivia and I started looking at the class schedule that was posted outside of her classroom.




I thought Aleigh was standing right behind me. Suddenly, I heard a loud noise. I felt like I was moving in slow motion. I turned and saw Aleigh backing away from the fire alarm. Yep, she pulled it.




A couple of ladies walked up to make sure there wasn't really a fire, and they reassured me that this had happened several times before. Needless to say, we then left quickly and didn't let the girls stop to check out the firetruck parked outside.

No comments: