Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to School



The big day finally arrived! First day of kindergarten. As you can probably tell, she was ready! She told us right before we left...."I am officially a Rena Rocket!".




I took the day off, and Shawn didn't start back to school until the following Monday. Shawn, Aleigh and I all piled into the truck to take Alivia to her first day of class. She was so big! I got out and opened the door for her. There were several ladies on the sidewalk helping the kids get from the cars to the playground. Alivia hopped right out and went with one of them. I really wanted to walk with her, but she seemed so comfortable. I teared up a little, but I didn't cry. I shocked myself and everyone else!




We got Aleigh a backpack to match Alivia's to take to Granny and Pops' house. She really wants to go to school, too! She packs it full of books, movies, and little toys.

No comments: